30 January 2008

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hi Everyone, I am currently working on Leanne's House BOM, Block One. I love the fabrics and threads! I am posting a picture of what it looks like now and then will post one, once I have Block One cut out.

Today is another extremely cold winter day!! Last night the wind blew so hard that it looked like we were having a blizzard, when all we got in snow was about 1 1/2 inches! It was a great night to snuggle up with a good book!! Finished "The Kite Runner" - great read!!

I keep checking in to see the development of the Fractured Quilt on Pat Sloan's webpage, can't wait to see how those quilts develop, waiving to all sloanies!

Well better get cutting!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through a comment you left on mine! I love your quilts, the snowman one with the snowangel at the top is so sweet. I am intrigued with the photo of you and your horse. Tell more! No snow here, and in the upper 60s today so I'll be taking my new QH for a ride this afternoon and then working on my first Fractured Section. Beautiful work, wish you lived closer! Diane in TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    Thanks for your sweet comments! I love snowmen (well, I should I live in Illinois).

    About my picture with a gray/white appaloosa named "Americana", I ride at a Farm, called Fitzjoy in Palos Park, Illinois. Riding has always been a passion for me, since I was a little girl! Unfortunately, we lived in Chicago and I had to be driven out to the south suburbs to go horsebackriding! Now since my kids are 20, 18, and 14, I have gone back to my love of riding! The feeling you get when you are on these Gentle Giants is the closest thing to heaven for me. Did I say I love horses.
    I have been watching your fractured quilt and I know that is going to be one beauty of a quilt!! I love that you picked John Henry! What a legend he is!!
    I don't own a horse, I wish I could but as soon as kids are done with colleges, that is the Very First Thing I am going to indulge in!!
    I wish I lived closer too, that way I could ride with you. I ride English style, so have all the boots, outfits, etc. Tell me the name of your horse and I will live vicariously through you until I can get one! Love your blog too!
    Hugs, and have a good ride this afternoon! Mary B in IL

    P.S. I just came in from riding this afternoon too! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete