12 September 2008

BABY QUILT PART 6




Today put the final border on and sewed label to back of quilt. It is sandwiched and basted and ready to be quilted! Thought I would share some photos with you... The Label on the back is a Duck traced from a Coloring Book, but I added a Cap to him, as Ryan is a "Real True Blue Chicago Sox Fan", so had to add the logo "Sox" to Duck's Cap. I hope it doesn't look weird, the Duck having a Cap, but this quilt is for a Boy, so had to free-hand draw the Cap and Hubby thinks it looks funny, tried to make it dimensional (that is what Hubby told me to do), so did the best I could and I think he is really cute, just hope Samantha and Ryan will like it...it's on the back of the quilt anyway so here is the picture of that...

Now I have to get going on another project..."Little Quilt Swap 2"...have some ideas and will start cutting fabrics this weekend. Can't tell you anymore because it is a Secret....Swap....so will post pictures of that project as I progress...

Hope everyone has a Great Weekend and am praying for all of you in the Texas area with all the hurricane and tornado warnings, you are all in my thoughts and prayers,

Hugs,

Mary

4 comments:

  1. The whole thing is adorable, Mary.....including the label! I am sure they will absolutely love it.

    Pat in DE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Brazil Mary.
    The baby quilt is so lovely, adorable.I love the soft colors you choice and the applique ducks and especially your label.So sweet.Congratulations in all yours progress to make it.
    Love it.
    Suely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat & Suely...you have made my day!!! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. the baby quilt is so cute...you are very creative.

    ReplyDelete