24 October 2008

CHRISTMAS COTTAGE BLOCKS AND ANOTHER LITTLE QUILT SWAP 2






WEW!!!! IT HAS BEEN ONE BUSY WEEK...

FINISHED MY CHRISTMAS COTTAGE BLOCKS. ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW IS GET THEM TO THE POST OFFICE! WHAT A FUN BLOCK TO DO! I THOUGHT I WOULD EMBELLISH SOME OF THEM, SO TRIED TO TAKE CLOSEUPS OF THE ONES I PUT LITTLE SWAGS IN THE WINDOWS...

ALSO, ALQS2 IS ALL CUT OUT AND STARTING TO PIECE, HAVE A PICTURE OF THE FIRST THREE DONE, THIS QUILT IS NOT MACHINE PIECED, I HAD TO HAND PIECE AS IT HAS TO MANY Y -SEAMS (I THINK THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE CALLED), BUT DIDN'T TRUST IT TO MY MACHINE SKILLS, SO AM DOING THIS ONE AT NIGHT WHILE WATCHING TV. HOPE TO GET ONE ROW DONE EACH NIGHT, THAT IS MY GOAL!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! LOVE FRIDAYS!!

HUGS,

MARY

8 comments:

  1. I am still swooning over the cottages. Looks like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....you have been busy...building all those cute little cottages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for your kind comment on my blog ;>) Just found yours, as well ! HeeHee....
    Sooo many beautiful quilts and works to see, you're very talented ! Your blog header made me smile : actually I started the SAME quilt last year. It's still at the blocks stage, but I really intend piecing them together by next spring...
    I'll come back very often : you're on my list now! :>)

    OXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    friendship threads from
    NADINE in Belgium

    ps : oh your Jim Shore pumpkin is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your cottages! They look wonderful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those same stars started...I began them by hand years ago and stashed them away for another day. You've inspired me to bring them own off their shelf and get busy again.

    have a wonderful day!
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little house blocks. What size are they? I have a load of Christmas fabric and never thought of making house blocks. I like it. Could you tell me where the pattern came from?

    Diane in Tampa, FL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary,
    Just wanted to thank you for the cottage block that I got from you. Love the curtains in the windows. Thanks again. Carrie P.

    ReplyDelete