20 February 2009

WHEN THE COLD WIND BLOWS....








Hi Everyone!! What am I working on???? I am making "Love Letters" by Alma Allen and "The Hedge Apple" is the first block. Actually, I am taking a class in needle-turn and this is the quilt they choose. Which I love anything by Blackbird Designs, so am giving my needle-turn experience a much needed "nudge"!

After making two baby quilts, I was kind of in a slump, in what to do next, so this came up and I grabbed at the chance to make a quilt by Blackbird.

Will post pictures as I am working on each block...

Update on the "Baby Quilt" still is at LQS to be quilted, will have to call today and see how far they have gotten,

Many Hugs,

Mary

5 comments:

  1. I am NOT good at needle-turn applique. I love how it looks, though. Good luck with the class...looks to be a really nice quilt top you'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book too and am in a group which is doing the
    Country Sunshine pattern. The pieces are nice and big so should have a good time getting your needle turn down pat. Have fun. Can't wait to see as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fabulous! They have the most fantastic designs and I will have to make a few before I leave this world! My needleturn applique is fairly good but far from perfect. I do love the book Applique the Piece of Cake Way and their DVD. It certainly improved my stitch and technique. I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything by Blackbird Designs also. I have taken quite a few classes from them over the years. Barb and Alma are awesome teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happen to see your blog, and I think you are making a very nice job. Contratulations.
    Juani

    ReplyDelete