26 May 2009

STILL WORKING ON...





Hi Quilting Bloggers,

May has flown by as I continue to work on Block One from the book, When the Cold Wind Blows by Alma Allen and Barb Adams. I am almost done with the first block, here are some pics... I am hand appliquing and am still 1 month behind (class is currently finishing up Block Two)...I only work on it at night while watching TV, so it is a slow go for me, but very relaxing. I have the right hand corner to finish and the Brown Vase and then I can move on to Block Two.

While taking a break last night, I took some pics of my Son, Mike and his girlfriend, Angie - they are tooo cute!! In the last picture I think Mike was gritting his teeth at my, so I got the message and left them alone and ofcourse, snuck one of Cooper... he likes his picture taken and just look at the size of that bone! Okay, I put my camera away (for now atleast!!)

Happy Tuesday everyone!Memorial Day Female Salute

Hugs, Mary

9 comments:

  1. Love the block Mary...it's going to be a beautiful quilt..I have some of that Moda fabric in a layer cake...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mary, that is a beautiful block. I have the parts cut out for all my blocks but cannot work on them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is coming along nicely. I'm very slow at needleturn applique as I rarely do it....so I'd be very far behind on the blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Mary - just plod along at your own time - you will get there! It's a wonder your son didn't kill you - but then he has a beautiful girlfriends to show off, LOL!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block is beautiful Mary, I just love those fabrics. Its Mom's job to annoy the kids...lol. Paybacks ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary your block is coming along beautifully! It isn't about speed, it is about enjoying the process so ENJOY! I got a few things ready to applique before leaving on our cruise but never did any hand work there. Now I will have to decide what to get going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the colors you have chosen for your applique blocks!
    This quilt is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block is lovely Mary. Looks like it is a good size. How many blocks does the quilt take? Enjoying the process is the name of the game. If you can't enjoy doing it, why bother. Your work is beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary~
    Just stopped by for a visit! I love the work you have done with your blocks!
    Take care & blessings to you!
    ~Leona~

    ReplyDelete