04 February 2010

ALL MISSOURI DAISY BLOCKS

Here is a picture of all the blocks for my Missouri Daisy Quilt:

Here is another view:

Now all I have to do is figure out how I want to piece the blocks together. I have been cutting strips all afternoon, so as soon as I get it laid out again with the strips, I will post a picture. In the magazine it says just to "bump" each block together, but I think it would more interesting if I used strips made out of the daisies and stars. What do you think??

Open to suggestions,


Hugs to All,


Mary
Question Mark




6 comments:

  1. I think the addition of strips of fabric used in the quilt blocks is a very good idea. Plus it will make your quilt a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's all a matter of personal preference, but I'd use sashing strips and not have the stars all bumped up together. This is going to be a very pretty quilt. I know you have been working on it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the sashing would probably show up your stars more as they are gorgeous and needs to be seen in its full value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the idea of sashing. I think it would show off your stars more.
    It is going to look great. Great colours and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what I would do... I really like the traditional look of a close setting without sashing but sashing could look good if it was a light color that didn't distract from the blocks. I love this pattern and have been looking for directions to make one. Where did you find it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful blocks. Whatever you decide to do will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete