26 October 2014

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE! I Have some eye candy for you - tell me what you think??? Yesterday, Saturday, my sister and I went to this one second-hand store and I found this: I love to decorate with quilts and this was a find, made in 1930's? they think, for $50.00, drunkard's path, I believe is it's name, they did not know?? so, I came home and placed over my sofa sort of sideways, don't like everything to be all square? I don't know, just my taste I guess, anyway, I put it on a chair and it finally ended up in my livingroom over one of my sofas. I love my sofa's but I bought them it seems like a hundred years ago, so needed some blues to match drapes, so....what do you think? Is it too much or do you like it? Then I moved my little quilt which I bought at an antique store to larger sofa: Here is a closer look at the drunkard's path: It is cloth on cloth, no batting, all quilted by hand (I think) that is what they told me and pieced by hand.... Then on another find, I have this star quilt hanging in my foyer - I told you I liked to decorate with quilts: it's really red but in the picture looks lighter. Well, I hope you find a lot of great finds on your next shopping adventure! Hugs, Mary THIS IS ME PLAYING WITH SETTINGS OF CAMERA, ON A VERY WARM JULY DAY IN NORTH CAROLINA!! I MISS SUMMER!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good find. I look but no longer purchase. I eave them for someone else to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thats a great find! So cheap and so nice made by hand! How nice to look at your home... Im from holland. Im happy with internet it make the world small and interested look oversea:) excuses for mine poor english have a nice day Carina

    ReplyDelete